From its distinguished beginnings as the young nation's first law school, to its closing during the tumultuous Civil War, to its reopening in the 1920's as the country itself began to roar, the William & Mary Law School mirrors the development of the Commonwealth of Virginia, and the nation. With the completion of The Wolf Law Library in 2007, the W&M Law School has a library facility that benefits the esteemed men and women who have taught and studied here, and those who will pass through these doors in the future.
A history of the William & Mary Law Library from 1779-1995 is available here, and continued to the present here. A directory of Law Library Directors can be viewed here. Additionally, more photographs of the library are available here.